Security and technical resources
Access, roles and permissions
Coursepath security is set up in 2 levels: Academy Level and Course Level
The following are the roles and their permissions in Coursepath:
- Manager: all permissions
- Assistant: user- and enrollment management
- Author: content creation and management
- Auditor: reviewing content and results
- Trainer: reviewing results, score and giving feedback
- Participant: Participate as a trainee
User roles and permissions
To learn more about how to assign the roles and set security permissions in Coursepath, please read this blog entry:
- ENGLISH: https://www.coursepath.com/understanding-the-roles-access-and-permissions-in-coursepath
- GERMAN: https://www.coursepath.de/rollen-und-berechtigungen-in-coursepath
Link for API information: https://developer.coursepath.com
This is for the technical guys! For SSO, Tin Can / xAPI, SCORM and other integration purposes.
SSO, Tin Can / xAPI and SCORM support are only available under the Business Plan.
MP3 audio upload
The maximum limit of uploading a MP3 audio file into Coursepath is 100MB per audio/per upload.
All users including participants can upload an audio file in Coursepath, into each page under comments, in the general discussion area, as well as in private messaging.
PayPal integration for e-commerce
Integrating your PayPal account to Coursepath is simple. You need to create an API signature. To do this, please perform the following steps:
1. Log in to your PayPal business account at www.paypal.com. Click the profile icon () on the top right side of the page. From the Business Profile menu, select Profile and Settings.
Note: If you do not see the profile icon on the top right, select Profile which appears in the top menu when the My Account tab is selected.
2. From the left menu, click My selling tools.
3. In the Selling online section, click the Update link for the API access item.
4. To generate the API Signature, click Request API Credentials on the API Access page.
Note: If you’ve already generated a set of API credentials, you’ll have to delete your existing set before you can generate a new set of credentials. In this case, you’ll see a View API Signature (or Certificate) link where the Request API credentials link is circled in the diagram above. Click the View API Signature> link, and on the page that appears, click the Remove button to delete the existing signature.
5. Select Request API signature and click Agree and Submit to generate the API signature.
6. Copy the 3 elements: API Username, API Password, Signature to Coursepath > E-commerce
For more information please visit: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/apiCredentials/
This feature is only available under the Professional and Business Plans.
Video hosting in Coursepath is fully EU Data Privacy Compliant with hosting and servers located in the European Union (Amsterdam).
We also support private hosting companies such as Vzaar and Wistia, as well as public hosting sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud and SlideShare. The embed codes work in Coursepath.